23 Nov USDA Certified Organic CBD
There are now thousands of CBD brands on the market. However, the industry is still in the early stages of regulation. Many low quality products remain in the market. These include brands from makers who are not transparent in their growing and processing methods. Some also do not provide complete third-party tests. These should include safety panel results. Many even have false labeling.
Blue Lotus Botanicals is committed to making and sourcing the highest quality CBD products. We choose USDA Certified Organic CBD hemp for our oils and salves. In addition, the USDA Certification now includes our finished products. This is in line with our mission to provide our customers with some of the safest, highest quality CBD products on the market today. Also, we offer you peace of mind. We do this by combining our ongoing third-party product testing with our USDA Certified Organic CBD Products.
rest assured that our Blue Lotus Botancials CBD products are of the highest quality. The USDA Certified Organic Seal means that our products:
- Are Grown and Made Organically
- Only Approved Substances are used to make the products
- The USDA Verifies the ingredients and maker.
- USDA-approved, trained agents regularly inspect growers and bottlers to ensure standards are met.
- Labeling information is correct and easily understood
- Contain 95-100% certified organic ingredients and organic processing aides
- Do not contain GMOs
- Organic ingredients comply with the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances
- Any non-organic ingredients comply with the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances
- Certification is required
We have taken it to the next level. Blue Lotus Botanicals oils and salves do not just use USDA Certified Organic Hemp, our individual products are certified as well.
USDA Certified Organic Seal Compliant Labeling
We encourage you to verify the following USDA labeling requirements when comparing products.:
- The USDA Certified Organic Seal appears on the label.
- The label must list the certifying agency near the company contact information. Also, this must state “Certified Organic by…”. For example, you can find “Certified Organic by NFC” on our labels. It is just under our company contact details.
- At least 95% of the listed items must be organic. The label must reflect the organic status of each item. This can be in the form of the word “organic” in front of each ingredient. Or, each organic ingredient can have an “*” next to it. The word “*organic” must appear at the end of the ingredients list.
- The USDA requires a “Nutrition Facts” section on the label. This can NOT be a “Supplement Facts” as most CBD products currently use. Including ours until our certification was complete.
USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC HEMP, EXPLAINED
The following provides more information about USDA Certified Organic Hemp. We use this organic hemp in our CBD Oils and Salves. In contrast, many CBD and Hemp firms state “organically grown” or contain organic ingredients. However, the reality is that authentic USDA organic certified hemp is not as common as all those labels might suggest. USDA Certified Organic CBD products derived from hemp are even less common.
“Organically grown” appears in a lot of brand marketing materials. Of course, this implies to the consumer that they use organic farming methods. However, this is not always true.
True USDA Certified Organic Hemp
Using the term “organic” does not mean that there has been proof of the term. Most farmers rush to bring their plants to harvest. In the process, they use man made fertilizers.
These fertilizers dissolve in water. This means they must be reapplied after watering or rain. The hemp plant is known to absorb almost all products from the soil (called remediation). Absorbing these chemicals compromises the organic status. Water runoff often carries away all the compounds from the fertilizer into the soil. This, in turn, can create a build up of cadmium and other heavy metals in the soil.
When a farm uses true organic farming practices, fertilizers bind better with the soil. Therefore, they prevent some of the runoff.
Fertile organic soil uses the natural resources of the soil’s ecosystem. Thus, organic soil provides the ideal environment for bacteria, fungi, insects, and animals. As a result, organic farming creates a nutrient-dense, PH balanced soil. Also, when they employ organic mulch and plant cover, the soil improves even more. This does a better job of maintaining water levels and nutrients.
Tests of many CBD products available on the market yield heavy metals, molds, pesticides, and chemical residues in many of the finished products. The nature of the Hemp plant is to suck everything out of the soil in which it grows. Thus, it absorbs whatever is present in the soil. This mean that soil makes a huge difference in the safety profile of the finished products.
WHAT HEMP CAN LEGALLY BE CALLED, “CERTIFIED ORGANIC HEMP”?
The USDA will only give the designation of “Certified Organic Hemp” to qualified industrial hemp. Gaining certification is a stringent process with many steps. This can require several years of review.
In order for hemp to be USDA Certified Organic, a farm must go through an extensive audit. This is the case for the hemp Blue Lotus Botanicals uses.
Organic Hemp Requirements:
- They conduct numerous tests of the soil and the plants
- They perform many harvest trials
- There is a comprehensive application process and associated fees.
- A “certifying agent” is assigned to grant the USDA certification.
- The farm creates an Organic System Plan. This outlines the strategy of the operation, clearly identifying the intention of the operation to meet organic standards. This includes all the necessary preventive practices to control contamination, commingling, and any cross-pollination.
- Inspectors visit and review the site. Inspections ensure that the practices cover the whole operation. Notably, this process that can take up to 3 years!
The growers and bottlers must meet and fulfill many requirements
Only after verification is the certificate issued. The certificate singles out organic quality of the final product’s producer. In addition, it verifies the quality of the hemp itself.
CBD companies must use a third-party lab test product potency and reliability. These tests should include at least three panels. These panels include potency, microbes, heavy metals, and solvents. We go one step further and also test for terpenes. The independent third-party lab certifies the authenticity and safety of the product.
The Hemp CBD industry is still widely unregulated. There are many state regulations and mandates. However, there is not yet a standard practice that is universal to the industry. We are subject to our self-regulation. We maintain our sourcing from USDA Organic certified farms, extractors (Vapor Distilled), and our very unique processor (Mind, Body, and Soul Medicinals). All suppliers, materials, manufacturing, and bottling processes used in the creation of Blue Lotus Botanicals products are USDA Certified Organic. This means we can proudly and accurately display the “USDA Certified Organic” logo on our products.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ABOUT BLUE LOTUS WELLNESS?
Blue Lotus Wellness bottles under the brand name Blue Lotus Botanicals. We take great pride in formulating our products using only USDA Certified Organic Hemp. Our secondary ingredients are also USDA Organic and we have them bottled by a certified bottler. We proudly perform comprehensive third-party lab tests, which can be found on our website and traced by QR code on every bottle that we sell in store or online.
We stand firm in the principal that your CBD products should be transparent. They should also be safe and should be something that can be verified with ease.
368 Moore Rd. Ocoee, FL 34761
BlueLotusWellnessandCBD.com (formerly bluelotusbotanicalsfl.com)
Hours: Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm, Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun: Closed